Gearing up for the Big Game weekend! Here are Registered Dietitian Annessa Chumbley’s 4 top picks, as she explains WHY you need them for an easy and fun – and nutritious – Super Bowl Party:
1. Idahoan Steakhouse Loaded Potato Soup: make a “Loaded Potato Soup Toppings Bar”: put out ramekins of shredded cheddar cheese, chopped tomatoes, chives, etc. And the winner soup? Idahoan Steakhouse Soups give you that slow-cooked taste of restaurant-quality soup at home, in minutes. Check out all of their delicious variety of flavors like Loaded Potato, Creamy Potato, Cheddar Potato and Cheddar Broccoli Potato.
2. Super Fast Guacamole
Simply Organic Guacamole Mix. It’s all organic, liquid mix that contains everything you need to make amazing guacamole- tangy notes of green chile peppers, lime and garlic. No work of chopping nor grating, you just add fresh creamy avocados. the result is a no-fail guac. Delicious, authentic guacamole comes together in seconds!
3. Sweet Pistachio Snack Mix
Snack mixes on the Super Bowl Spread are a must!
Sweet Pistachio Snack Mix
1 cup chopped Wonderful Pistachios
1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/2 cup raw and local honey
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
2 cups whole oats
To sprinkle on top:
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
1. Preheat oven to 275º.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk honey and melted coconut oil. Add in all other ingredients, stirring so everything is completely coated.
3. Cover a flat baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour mixture out onto parchment paper and spread into a thin layer. Sprinkle on sesame seeds if you’re using them.
4. Bake for 40 minutes. Remove and stir the mixture with a spatula. Let it cool completely – mix will become crunchy and clump together as it cools. Store in an airtight container.
4. Competing Team Punches: RAMS Refresh and POM Patriot Punch
This is the perfect opportunity to create competing drinks for each team playing in the Big Game. POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate juice is the star of each of these beverages — it adds a powerhouse of flavor and nutrition.
Rams Refresh: OJ + POM Wonderful Pomegranate Juice + sparkling water + frozen pineapple + frozen lime slices + fresh mint
POM Patriot Punch: Grapefruit juice + POM Wonderful Pomegranate Juice + sparking water + frozen sliced halos + fresh rosemary
Facebook: Annessa Chumbley, RD