Olives are very good for us and it is a good idea to add them to our meals. Here are three tasty ways to add olives to your diet.
Tasty Olive Salad Appetizer
This is a healthy olive salad that is great as an appetizer or a side for your meal.
- Put olives, lemon juice, olive oil, and Italian Seasoning in a bowl and mix together.
- Let sit for at least 30 min.
- Mix in celery and red pepper.
- Now sprinkle with chives.
Sauted Zucchini With Olives
- Heat oil in large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add zucchini, garlic, and rosemary.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Saut until zucchini is a little golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the olives.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Black Olive Tapenade
Tapenadewas first made in Marseille, southern France in 1880. It is a delicious spread that usually has anchovies in it but of course my vegan recipe does not include them.
1/2 cup pitted black olives
1 Tbsp drained capers
1 – 3 medium cloves garlic
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
5 basil leaves
1 tablespoon loosely packed fresh oregano, marjoram, or thyme leaves
1 3 Tbsp Extra-virgin olive oil as needed
Freshly ground black pepper
- Put the olives in a food processor and while the motor is running, add olive oil and lemon juice, blending until smooth.
- Add the garlic, basil and herbs and process to combine.
- Season with pepper to taste.
- Keep in a covered container and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
You can make this with green olives; it won’t be as smooth as black olive tapenade, but it will still taste good!