These flavorful and crunchy Paleo Thai Noodles are just what you need for dinner tonight! The crunch from the vegetables and cashews mixed with the gooey creaminess from the almond butter and tahini, will hopefully make you swoon.
Paleo Thai Noodles [Vegan, Gluten Free]
For the Sauce:
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha
- pinch of salt
For the Vegetable Base:
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 large zucchini or 2 small, spiralized
- 1 large carrot, spiralized
- 1 cup red cabbage, sliced
- 1/4 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped toasted cashews
- 1 tablespoon sliced scallion (green part only)
- optional: a few leaves of thai basil or regular basil chopped
- In frying pan add coconut oil, zucchini and carrot spirals and cook, stirring frequently, for 1-2 minutes on medium until the noodles are warm and slightly soft. Remove from heat and set on plate to cool.
- In mixing bowl combine all ingredients for sauce and mix well. Don’t worry if the sauce is a bit thick. Zucchini contains a lot of water and will thin it out.
- Add zucchini and carrot noodles to sauce as well as cabbage, red pepper, cashews, scallions, cilantro if you’d like Thai or regular basil. Serve right away.
Per Serving: Calories: 277 | Carbs: 22 g | Fat: 20 g | Protein: 9 g | Sodium: 289 mg | Sugar: 10 g Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.