Quarantine Keto Survival Guide : The current coronavirus alarm has got most of us practicing social distancing. Recently, the U.S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have noted that increasing quarantining may become needed as more cases of COVD-19 are detected. Many of us are facing changes in our lives and daily routines in many ways.
However, it’s important to strive to be as prepared as possible. Regardless of whether you are a keto novice or just beginning, the following guide is here to help ensure you have the keto supplies you need to keep healthy should anything unexpected occur.
Although maintaining our normal routines and habits is a challenge, your health and keto goals can and should still be a priority. In fact, the situation at hand may give us more time to plan our meals and prepare them at home. Many of us are thinking about how to be best prepared with keto and low carb emergency foods to stock up on. You might as well stock up on keto emergency food that will help you feel your best. Continue reading for key tips and guidelines to make quaranting on a keto diet an easier experience.
To follow any routine and achieve your goals, planning is the key to success. Just because you may be staying at home is no excuse to let your health and wellness goals get away from you. Plan not only your grocery list and necessary keto foods to have on hand, but plan your meals and snacks as well. It’s likely that you’re doing more cooking these days, so getting creative in the kitchen will keep your meals exciting. In addition to having the following items on your grocery list, write out a plan of action of what your meals and snacks will be. If you need some inspiration, there are some keto quarantine ideas for meals and snacks below.
Stock up on keto pantry staples
- Preserved meats: Salami, bacon, prosciutto, sausages, and jerky are great to have on hand. There are even some new organic dehydrated meat products on the market that can be found in stores or online.
- Nuts and nut butter: Keep natural peanut butter, cashew butter, almond butter, and sunflower seed butter in your kitchen, as you add to smoothies, baking recipes, use to make dressings and sauces, or just straight out of the jar with a spoon. In addition to nut butters, stock up on raw nuts such as walnuts, almonds, pistachios, macadamia nuts, cashews, etc.
- MCT powder: A keto go-to product, MCT powder is shelf-stable and can help your keto needs during quarantine. A fantastic supplement is Naked Nutrition’s Naked Keto Fat Bombs. They’re super easy, tasty, and versatile to add to your keto routine. Choose your favorite flavor – chocolate, vanilla, or plain – or all three to keep variety in your keto diet. If you’re new to keto fat bombs you can read about some of the benefits here.
- Canned coconut milk: Stocking up on canned coconut milk is important for keto dieters as well. It’s non-perishable and contains the macros you need to remain in ketosis. You can use it for cooking or as the base for smoothies.
- Canned fish: Canned tuna, salmon, and sardines are staple canned fish options to stock up on. Choose those canned in water, or even in oil to provide extra fat content for your keto needs.
- Protein powder: Protein powders such as whey, soy, pea, rice, or hemp are super useful and shelf stable as well. Make sure to have a solid supply in your pantry, as these make a great shelf-stable protein option.
- Oils: Stock your pantry with olive oil, avocado oil, coconut oil, and sesame oil.
- Other pantry necessities: Canned tomatoes, dried seasonings and spices, curry paste, flax seeds, chia seeds, and cacao powder are some other great items to have on hand as well.
Utilize your freezer space
- Veggies: Keep a variety of frozen vegetables on hand such as spinach, broccoli, carrots, green beans, beets, and cauliflower. Frozen cauliflower rice is another great option to keep in your freezer to offer some variety.
- Meats and fish: As your freezer space allows, keeping frozen beef, lamb, chicken, turkey and fish on hand allows you to have a supply of high quality protein for you to consume as desired. You may choose to keep ground meats on hand as well to allow variety in your cooking.
Ensure these kitchen staples for prepping
- Can opener: During quarantine, you may be eating more foods from a can than previously, such as canned fish, coconut milk, etc. Therefore, make sure you’ve got a can opener in your kitchen drawer.
- Blender: Smoothies are a great way to fuel a keto diet especially during quarantine. Plus, you’ll need a blender to blend up your protein powders and fat bomb products into delicious, keto-friendly smoothies.
Drink plenty of water
Getting used to a different schedule may take some adjustment and certain habits may have to be reinforced, such as drinking water. If you usually keep a bottle at your desk at work to sip throughout the day, being home is no different. Make sure to keep a bottle with you during the day at home as well. Plus, ensuring adequate hydration is especially important for those following a keto diet. Particularly in the beginning stages, drinking lots of water can help get over some symptoms of the “keto flu””. Aim to drink about half of your body weight in ounces on a daily basis.
Undoubtedly, many people are experiencing some turbulence right now given the pandemic. However, for the benefit of your physical health and mental well-being, thinking about ways to reduce stress is important always, but especially now. Routine is important for many people to feel grounded and at ease. Continuing your keto diet routine is a great first step to help reduce your stress levels. Here are some additional ways to help reduce stress:
- Listen to calming music
- Call friends and family to stay connected
- Exercise regularly
- Keep a food diary
Sample Keto Meal and Snack Ideas for Quarantine
The following lists provide some inspiration for keto meals and snacks that you can prepare from shelf-stable ingredients. Some of the meals below include meats which assumes you have freezer space to store these products.
- Chocolate & peanut butter smoothie – smoothie idea: blend coconut milk, frozen banana, peanut butter, Naked Keto Chocolate, cinnamon, and ice in a blender.
- Eggs, bacon, and vegetable scramble
- Riced cauliflower porridge with coconut milk, berries, and nuts
Lunch and Dinner:
- Tuna salad with veggies and low-carb crackers
- Thai beef and vegetable curry
- Italian sausage and peppers
- Meatloaf with mashed cauliflower
- Roasted salmon with brussels sprouts
- Raw nuts
- Dehydrated meat or jerky
- Fat bomb smoothies
- Parmesan crisps
- Kale chips
- Sliced salami
Ensuring you’re prepared with shelf-stable keto food can give you peace of mind and help you stay on track with your nutrition and wellness goals. Focus on a healthy diet, nourishing your relationships, regular exercise, and self-care to thrive on a keto diet during quarantine.
Related Videos about Quarantine Keto Survival Guide :
Ketogenic diet and the coronavirus in a time of Covid-19
Keto in Quarantine
KETO and CORONAVIRUS – COVID-19 UK Symptoms Updates Tips NOT KETO FLU
Isolation/Quarantine on Ketosis
Quarantine Keto Survival Guide
keto diet, keto tips and tricks for beginners, keto induction, keto foods, keto diet tips for beginners, keto snacks, keto diet for beginners, speed keto,