September is National Honey Month, and while we all know the sweet and sticky treat tastes great, it’s also been linked to several health and healing benefits. This sweet substitute has been hailed a superfood, used for hair and skin treatment, and can even help boost your immune system. Eco-friendly blogger Carolina King shared more with a drizzle of recipes.
Honey Facial Mask
• 3 tablespoons honey
• 1 tablespoon aloe vera
• Mix ingredients and apply to face for 15 mins, then wash off.
• Safe to enough daily and perfect for any skin type.
Honey Body Scrub
• 1/4 cup of honey
• 2 tablespoons of jojoba oil or grapeseed oil
• 1/2 cup of sugar (can add more sugar if it’s too runny for you)
• 1 tablespoon aloe Vera (optional)
• 10 drops of skin loving essential oil like Lavender, Frankincense, tea tree (optional)
• Mix ingredients in a bowl and then store in an airtight glass jar. Apply all over body when taking a shower, massage it gently for a couple of minutes and rinse off.
Coconut Oil and Honey Chocolates
• 2/3 cup of Coconut Oil
• 1/2 cup of Cacao Powder
• 1/3 cup of Raw Honey
• pinch of salt
• optional but gives it great taste: nuts and/or unsweetened shredded coconut
• silicone molds
- Mix the coconut oil and honey in a pan on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Once the ingredients are melted and combined, add the cacao powder and pinch of salt.
- Add the nuts or shredded coconut to your silicone mold, if you’re using any.
- Pour chocolate mixture in silicone molds. Put it in freezer for 15-30 minutes or in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Once it hardens, dish it out and serve.
- Store it in the refrigerator in an air tight container