If you enjoy recipes like this, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App, it’s available for both Android and iPhone and has free and paid versions. The app is loaded with thousands of allergy-friendly & vegan recipes/cooking tips, has hundreds of search filters and features like bookmarking, meal plans and more! The app shows you how having diet/health/food preferences can be full of delicious abundance rather than restrictions!
These vegan wagon wheels are gluten-free, with homemade cookies, vegan marshmallows, dairy-free chocolate, strawberry jam and coconut for a unique twist. Perfect with a coffee/tea for an afternoon sweet treat!
Wagon Wheels [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
1 2/3 cups plain flour (this recipe uses gluten-free)
1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
5 tablespoons maple syrup
Dairy-free dark chocolate
Desiccated coconut (optional)
- Pre-heat your oven to 350°F and line a baking tray with grease proof paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the plain flour, melted coconut oil and maple syrup. Bring together with your hands until a dough forms. Add more flour if too wet or coconut oil if too dry. You want it to be a smooth dough.
- Roll out the dough until 1/4-inch thick, then using a round cookie cutter, cut out circles and place onto the lined tray.
- Pop the cookies into the oven and bake for 9-10 minutes until golden in color. Once baked, carefully place them onto a cooling rack and allow them to cool fully.
- Assemble the wagon wheels! Spread some strawberry jam over half of the biscuits. With the remaining biscuits, place a marshmallow on top and pop into the oven to melt the marshmallow. This will take around 2 minutes.
- Sandwich a jam cookie and melted marshmallow cookie together and set aside. Using a bain-marie, melt some dairy-free dark chocolate and dunk the wagon wheels to coat. Place onto a baking tray/grease proof paper and pop into the fridge to set. This will take around 10 minutes.
- Decorate with some desiccated coconut (optional).
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge. Best eaten within a few days!
EXPLORE MORE RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS: